I've been innundated recently with demands for facts about popular 60's beat combo Sonny & Cher so like a candle in the wind of popular culture here we go:
1. Sonny & Cher were responsible for arguably one of the top 5 perfect pop songs of all time, "I Got You Babe" which wafted across the World's Charts in the Summer of 1965.
2. Cher's full name is Cherilyn Sarkisian and she is the daughter of an Armenian father and a French-English-Cherokee Indian Mother.
3. Cher sang as a backing singer on iconic 60's hits including "You've Lost that Lovin' Feelin'" and "Da Doo Ron Ron".
4. Bono is of Italian extraction and his full name is Salvatore Bono. He was the Uncle of U2's Eyewear specialist and all-round arse, Bono.
5. Bono was 11 years older than Cher. They became divorced in 1975.
6. Cher's first feature film was called Chastity, as was her only child with Sonny.
7. Sonny & Cher will long be remembered for the fact that their name was adopted by the two opposing factions in Iraq.
8. Sonny Bono went on to become Mayor of Palm Springs but died in a skiing accident in 1998.
9. Sonny & Cher were one of the few Boy-Girl Duos where the girl's voice was huskier and lower than the boy's voice.
10. On second thoughts, there is another famous example of this: