However (what a brilliant word "however" is - a handbrake turn for narrative, just like the wonderful "suddenly's" in children's stories) I have today had an excellent idea for a new Meme which you are welcome to copy providing you send £1.75 in Royalty Payments via Paypal to the person at the top of the list (me, that is).
This Meme is called "Parallel Universes" - you have to choose another blogger from your roll and list 9 true things you have in common with that blogger - and 1 made up! Your readers then have to guess, providing they can stay awake long enough, which item is untrue! Brilliant eh? It's like a Kinder surprise...I get to talk about myself, another blogger gets to read about himself and everyone else gets a brain-tickling competition to enter!
Here's mine, and I'm going to choose ............ Dave!
1. We were both born and brung up in Gravesend, a town in North Kent which does exactly what it says on the tin.
2. We have both run the London Marathon.
3. We both shared our houses with much lamented labrador collie crosses.
4. We both have beards (not in the "Simon Cowell's Girlfriend" sense)
5. We both have connections with the Motorcycle Industry.
6. We both spent time in Lincoln and ended up in South Norfolk. (Reminds me of the Waterboys lyric "It started up in Fife and ended up in Tears".
7. We were both members of Mensa, along with Jimmy Saville and Gary "Nutter" Bushnell.
8. We have both had drink problems and are now completely teetotal, along with Jimmy Saville and Gary "Nutter" Bushnell.
9. We are both almost embarrassingly good looking.
10. We have both produced impressive erections in the corners of our gardens.