Tuesday 30 November 2010

An open letter to the BBC...

"Dear BBC,

I'm not normally one to write to you complaining although God Knows you have given me more than sufficient provocation in the past. Paying the moronic Chris Evans hundreds of thousands of pounds or wasting our resources on the grinning loon John Bishop...I could go on.

But now you've really excelled yourselves!

You probably KNOW this is my busiest time of year and I'm slaving over a computer and pile of boxes and bubble wrap in order to bring food to our lips and Bakers Complete Shite to the bowls of undeserving canines. You must KNOW that complete focus is required in order not to have yet another repetition of the sending of the wrong stuff to the wrong people - in China.

And what do you do?

You only release a complete archive of 60 years of Television so that hundreds of my childhood obsessions are now one click away from what I should be doing!

How am I supposed to put in a full day working when Tomorrow's World is on tap from the 60's, 70's and 80's? It's like dangling a bag of crack cocaine in front of a reformed addict. It used to be such a "must-see" sandwiched between Nationwide and Top of the Pops on a Thursday evening. You bastards!

Anyway I'm off to watch this one to get me in the Moog.

Thank you SO much

Yours etc"


9 comments:

Sarah said...

What i loved best about TW was that none of their experiments EVER works...brilliant.

Sarah said...

'worked' !

Rosie said...

Absolutely NONE of it available in my area.

Dave said...

I've just been listening to an interesting prog on R4 about the Moog synthesiser, and Stevie Wonder.

I can listen to the radio, and paint at the same time. Who says men can't multi-task, eh?

Z said...

You're a bit young to remember TW, aren't you, Sarah?

justin said...

Thanks for letting us know about the BBC Archives, Rog ... I've been dying to re-watch "Rag, Tag and Bobtail", and "Bill & Ben, The Flowerpot Men".

Er ... Bob-Bob Rog.

Sarah said...

Oh very funny Z !

broken biro said...

Thanks for sharing this news! Sadly my browser of choice (Opera - because it remembers all the pages you had open the next time you open it) has decided it can't play Flash any more no matter how many times I attempt to download it! *shakes fist*

Tim F said...

When I was about 10, I was obsessed with that malformed fried egg in the TW titles, and tried to recreate it in the kitchen. With predictable results.