Thursday 13 November 2014

Baton Rog

Well, now I'm in retirement and spending my days fussing over refuse bins, watching Loose Women (neighbours, eh?) and chewing Werther's Originals with my three remaining teeth, I can settle back in the knowledge that the mighty baton of blogging has been safely passed on to two of my children.

Eldest daughter Lucy in Lucy's Stories is producing wry and touching tales of life and loves.

James is starting to write about his experiences as a stay-at-home Dad in the wittiliy titled Paternity in the UK

Anyway I must dash - it's Bin Day tomorrow and I need to get our Green in position before those so-and-so's an number 7 usurp our place or even try to switch bins.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Rog, are you really giving up? I#d only just found your blog!

Rog said...

Fear not Sablon. This cacophony of (one) request has caused me to think again.

Nota Bene said...

Well you've got someone excited with your comments about loose women...they're not American are they

Unknown said...

Hello Rog. I've just been putting one of our bins out ready for the morning.
That anti-American women loony has been sending his loopy letters out for years, poor beggar. I'm surprised he hasn't been shot years ago (especially as he presumably resides in America where they understand these things.

Rog said...

Sorry Chaps - I had to bin the strange person and make your comments look even stranger ;-)

Z said...

Jolly good, two more blogs to read. It would be quite awful if you did give up blogging, Rog. Whatever would Mr Murph have said?

Anonymous said...

bins are the bane of many lives ;)

Rog said...

Z: I suspect a scathing piece of wit!

Gabby: Bin Bane even in Australia?!

Pat said...

I have been binning that looney for months.
Don't retire- I want to learn punning.